Charitable Organizations and Fund Raising
Charitable organizations, fund-raising counsels, and professional fund-raisers are regulated under Chapter 202, subchapters I and II, of the Wisconsin Statutes. Charitable organizations are organizations that are established for a charitable purpose. Fund-raising counsels plan, manage, advise, consult, or prepare materials with respect to solicitations for charitable organizations. Professional fund-raisers request contributions that will be used for a charitable purpose or that will benefit a charitable organization.
COVID-19 Information & Resources
- AG Kaul and DFI Secretary Blumenfeld Warn About, Encourage Reporting of Potential COVID-19 Charity Scams (Issued March 27, 2020)
Renew Online NOW!
Renew Online - Log in with your Credential Number and PIN to begin the easy Renewal Process.
- Forgot your Credential Number? Use Search Registrants to look up your number.
- Forgot your PIN? Use PIN Lookup to look up your PIN.
Annual Financial Report Form Changes
The Charitable Organizations annual financial report form 1952 and 1943 have been updated.
Use the following tools to research charitable organizations and ensure that your charitable gift will be used as intended.
- Giving Tips for Donors
- Search our database to find out if a charitable organization or professional fundraiser is registered.
- Reducing Unwanted Phone Solicitations
Charitable Organizations and Fundraisers
Use the online services to update your contact info, determine application status, renew registration, etc.