Charitable Organizations and Fund Raising
Charitable organizations, fund-raising counsels, and professional fund-raisers are regulated under Chapter 202, subchapters I and II, of the Wisconsin Statutes. Charitable organizations are organizations that are established for a charitable purpose. Fund-raising counsels plan, manage, advise, consult, or prepare materials with respect to solicitations for charitable organizations. Professional fund-raisers request contributions that will be used for a charitable purpose or that will benefit a charitable organization.
Renew Online NOW!
Renew Online - Log in with your Credential Number and PIN to begin the easy Renewal Process.
- Forgot your Credential Number? Use Search Registrants to look up your number.
- Forgot your PIN? Use PIN Lookup to look up your PIN.
Services Requiring a Login to our System
Please Note: The Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) will no longer accept Department of Safety and Professional Services forms after October 30, 2014. Click here to go to the DFI forms page.
- Letter to Charitable Organizations - includes an introduction to DFI and information regarding the renewal process and annual reports - 4/9/2014 (PDF: 36 KB / 2 pages)
- Letter to Professional Fundraisers - includes an introduction to DFI and information regarding bonds and the renewal process - 4/9/2014 (PDF: 43 KB / 2 pages)
- Obtain Forms - applications, annual reports, bonds, etc.
- View Chapter 202, Subchapter I, Wis. Stats. - General Provisions
- View Chapter 202, Subchapter II, Wis. Stats. - Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes
- View Rule DFI-Bkg 60 - Charitable Solicitations
- Find answers to Charitable Organization FAQs
- Find answers to Fund-raising FAQs