Charitable Organizations and Fund Raising
Our Offices will be closed on: Monday, September 1st, 2014
The Department of Financial Institutions will be closed on Monday, September 1st, 2014.
Although the Agency will be closed to the public, Internet Web Services will still be available for individuals who are accessing or filing documents over the Internet. For additional information regarding documents that can be filed or processed over the Internet for a specific program, please visit that program’s information on our web site. There will be no mail delivery to the Department on holidays or weekends. There also will be no staff to accept courier deliveries.
To see future days that the Agency will be closed, click 2014 Closure Dates. (PDF: 69 KB / 1 page)
Charitable organizations, fund-raising counsels, and professional fund-raisers are regulated under Chapter 202, subchapters I and II, of the Wisconsin Statutes. Charitable organizations are organizations that are established for a charitable purpose. Fund-raising counsels plan, manage, advise, consult, or prepare materials with respect to solicitations for charitable organizations. Professional fund-raisers request contributions that will be used for a charitable purpose or that will benefit a charitable organization.
Renew Online NOW!
Renew Online - Log in with your Credential Number and PIN to begin the easy Renewal Process.
- Forgot your Credential Number? Use Search Registrants to look up your number.
- Forgot your PIN? Use PIN Lookup to look up your PIN.
Services Requiring a Login to our System
Please Note: The Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) will no longer accept Department of Safety and Professional Services forms after October 30, 2014. Click here to go to the DFI forms page.
- Letter to Charitable Organizations - includes an introduction to DFI and information regarding the renewal process and annual reports - 4/9/2014 (PDF: 36 KB / 2 pages)
- Letter to Professional Fundraisers - includes an introduction to DFI and information regarding bonds and the renewal process - 4/9/2014 (PDF: 43 KB / 2 pages)
- Obtain Forms - applications, annual reports, bonds, etc.
- View Chapter 202, Subchapter I, Wis. Stats. - General Provisions
- View Chapter 202, Subchapter II, Wis. Stats. - Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes
- View Rule DFI-Bkg 60 - Charitable Solicitations
- Find answers to Charitable Organization FAQs
- Find answers to Fund-raising FAQs