Our Offices will be closed on: Monday, May 27th, 2013
The Department of Financial Institutions will be closed on Monday, May 27th, 2013.
Although the Agency will be closed to the public, Internet Web Services will still be available for individuals who are accessing or filing documents over the Internet. Any online document received on a day our office is closed for a holiday or weekend will be effective on the day it is received provided the filing meets the statutory requirements. There will be no mail delivery to the Department on holidays or weekends. There also will be no staff to accept courier deliveries.
To see future days that the Agency will be closed, click 2013 Closure Dates. (PDF: 169 KB / 1 page)
The Division of Securities registers and monitors the activities of broker-dealers, securities agents, investment advisers, and investment adviser representatives. It also conducts field audits and investigates complaints and when violations are detected, it initiates the appropriate administrative, injunctive, or criminal action. There are 4 groups within the division; Registration of Professionals, Franchising, Enforcement and Securities Registration and Exemption.
Have a question? Call usIf you have a question about a broker-dealer, securities agent, investment adviser or investment adviser representative, call the Division of Securities at 608-266-1064 (option 3) Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Understanding different roles of financial professionals (PDF: 137 KB / 2 pages)
- Small Business Advisory: Crowdfunding
- Private Fund Adviser Exemption Order
- 2011 Wisconsin Act 32 Update
- Branch Office Online Now Accepts American Express Card Payments
Registration of Professionals
- Lists of Licensees -- Broker-Dealers, Agents, Investment Advisers, Investment Adviser Representatives
- General Information
- Broker-Dealer Information
- Investment Adviser Information
- Securities Agent
- Investment Adviser Representatives
- Securities Fee Waiver for Veterans
Securities Registration and Exemption
Federal Adviser Branch Office Filing
- Branch Office Online Application
- Account Set-up Tutorial (PDF: 49 KB / 9 pages)
- File a New Branch Tutorial (PDF: 559 KB / 9 pages)
- Address Change for Existing Branch Tutorial (PDF: 745 KB / 11 pages)
- Closings Tutorial (PDF: 619 KB / 10 pages)
- Renewals Tutorial (PDF: 747 KB / 11 pages)