|For Immediate Release
|January 24, 2011
||Contact: Charles Evenson
Secretary Peter Bildsten Announces DFI Senior Management Team
(Madison) New Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) Secretary Peter J. Bildsten today announced the appointment of key members of his senior management team. It includes a mix of several DFI veterans and new appointees.
“I’m very excited to announce a team that includes a mix of experienced DFI professionals and outstanding new people,” said Secretary Bildsten. “This exceptional group will lead a dedicated group of professionals. It will also ensure continuity in the safety and soundness of Wisconsin’s financial institutions, protect consumers and facilitate the state’s economic growth.”
New appointees include:
- Ray Allen as new Deputy Secretary. Ray has been DFI’s longtime Deputy Administrator of the Division of Corporate and Consumer Services. Previous to his employment at DFI, Ray has held several leadership positions throughout state government. He is also the owner and publisher of the Madison Times, was elected for three terms as a Madison Metropolitan School District board member, and has served on numerous community boards and commissions in the Madison area. Ray lives in Madison with his wife Linda, a principal at Thoreau Elementary in the Madison School District.
- Eric Knight as new Executive Assistant. Eric has spent the past five years as Chief of Staff for a State Representative and previously served as Clerk of the Assembly Financial Institutions Committee. He also has worked extensively with the Wisconsin Bankers Association and the Wisconsin Credit Union League and has broad experience working with legislators on many issues.
- Ginger Larson as new Director of the Office of Credit Unions, a position she previously held from 1996-2003. From 2003 until her current appointment, she served as a Supervisor in the Office of Credit Unions. Prior to that, she spent seven years in credit union leadership positions. Ginger earned an MBA degree from Edgewood College. She has been a board member and served on numerous committees for the National Association of State Credit Union Supervisors (NASCUS).
Key continuing appointments include:
- Mike Mach as Administrator of the Division of Banking. Mike holds an MBA degree from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and sits on the Board of the Conference of State Bank Supervisors. He has served as Division Director since 1996.
- Patricia Struck as Administrator of the Division of Securities. Patricia holds a law degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and serves on the boards of the North American Securities Administrators Association, the State Bar of Wisconsin and TEMPO Madison. She has worked at DFI for more than two decades and served as the Securities Division Administrator since 1996.
- Cheryll Olson-Collins as Administrator of the Division of Corporate and Consumer Services. Prior to working at DFI, Cheryll worked in the banking industry for 23 years. She is a graduate of University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Bill Morrissey as Administrator of the Division of Administrative Services and Technology. Bill is a career civil servant who has worked in a number of agencies and programs across state government.
- David Mancl as Director of the Office of Financial Literacy. David holds an MBA degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. President George W. Bush appointed him to the President’s Advisory Council on Financial Literacy in 2008. He serves as Chair of the Wisconsin Jump$tart Coalition. Harvard University recognized the Office of Financial Literacy as one of its Top 50 Innovations in Government in 2009.