Uniform Commercial Code
The Uniform Commercial Code Section of the Division of Corporate & Consumer Services at the Department of Financial Institutions examines and files documents under the Uniform Commercial Code, including statements of business indebtedness, consignments, terminations, and financing statements and maintains the statewide Uniform Commercial Code lien system.
- File Online - Initial filings, amendments, continuations, terminations, etc.
- Search Lien Filings - For information about filings after July 1, 2001.
- County Filing Offices - For information about filings prior to July 1, 2001.
- Data Services - How to obtain data and/or images
- If you have WI UCC questions, please call us at 608-266-8915 or send e-mail DFI-UCC@wisconsin.gov.
- For questions relating to a Lien release on a Motor Vehicle Title, call DFI Division of Banking at 608-261-7578.
- For Realty-Related (Fixture) Filings, please refer to the Wisconsin Register of Deeds website.