The forms, along with instructions on how to submit them, are available on the DFI website at Student Entrepreneur.
Effective May 1st, 2018, for Student Entrepreneurs who meet the following criteria, the $130.00 one-time fee for filing LLC articles of organization will be waived.
- The student is enrolled in a post-secondary institution in this state.
- The student is an organizer of the limited liability company or will be a member of the LLC upon its formation, and the LLC is being formed as a business start-up.
- The student is at least 18 years of age.
Form 502SE must be submitted to the Department, together with the completed Affidavit (page 2 of form), affirming that the above information is true. This form may only be filed on paper and only if those involved meet all of the following:
- At the time of formation, all members of the LLC must be Student Entrepreneurs, as defined above.
- If the LLC is formed by any organizer(s) who will not become a member of the LLC upon its formation, all such organizers of the LLC are Student Entrepreneurs.