Licensed under Sec. 138.09, loan companies lend money to consumers and charge an annual percentage rate in excess of 18%. The loans are also subject to the Wisconsin Consumer Act, chapters 421-427.
- Loan Company Annual Report
View the Title Loans Administrative Rules (Bkg. 78)
- Loan Company Forms
- View the Loan Company Statutes
- View the Title Loan Statutes
- View the Pawnbroker Administrative Rules (Bkg. 77)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) about Loan Companies
- Things a New Loan Company Should Know before Conducting Loan Company Business in Wisconsin
- Loan administration fees under 138.09 - Redacted An interpretive opinion issued July 5, 2022 states Wis. Stat. § 138.09(7)(jm) limits the conditions under which a loan company may charge a loan administration fee.
- 2021 Wisconsin Act 203 This act revises Rule DFI-Bkg 77.06, which pertains to the ways a pawnbroker licensed under s. 138.09, Wis. Stats., can send a Notice of Sale to a pledgor. The changes to Rule DFI-Bkg 77.06 became effective March 20, 2022.