Registration, Exemption, and Notice Information
§ 551.301, Wis. Stats., provides that it is unlawful for any person to offer or sell any security in this state unless it is registered under this chapter or the security or transaction is exempted, or the security is a "federal covered security."
- Exemptions Summary and Menu -- provides an overview (alphabetically by topic) of the exemptions from securities registration available under the Wisconsin Uniform Securities Law.
- Registering Securities in Wisconsin -- procedures for registering securities for sale in Wisconsin.
- Federal Covered Securities -- discusses NSMIA's definition of federal covered securities and how these securities may be offered for sale in Wisconsin.
- Securities on the Internet -- the Order providing a registration exemption for certain offers of securities on the Internet.
- A Brief History of Securities Regulation -- a look at how we got here.
- Securities Regulation in Wisconsin -- the ever-evolving story of securities regulation in the Badger State.
- NSMIA -- a brief discussion of the National Securities Markets Improvement Act of 1996 with links to more in-depth discussion.
- Midwest Regional Review Program -- Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin cooperate!
- Crowdfunding in Wisconsin -- Overview of Crowdfunding in Wisconsin.