Credit Services Organizations (Credit Repair Services)
Pursuant to Section 422.501(2)(a) of the Wisconsin Statutes, a credit services organization is a person or merchant who, with respect to the extension of credit by others, sells, provides or performs, or represents that the person will sell, provide or perform, any of the following services in return for the payment of money or for other valuable consideration: 1. Improving a buyer’s credit record, credit history or credit rating. 2. Arranging for or obtaining an extension of credit for a buyer. 3. Providing advice or assistance to a buyer with regard to 1. or 2.
- Obtain a Credit Services Organization Registration Application
- Review the Credit Services Organization Statutes
- Review Title IV of the Federal Trade Commission's Consumer Credit Protection Act
- View a List of Registered Credit Services Organizations
- View a sample Information Statement
- View a sample Notice of Cancellation
- View a sample Credit Repair Services Contract
- View a sample Credit Services Agreement for a Loan Arranger
If you have additional questions regarding Credit Services Organizations, please contact us at 608-264-7969.
- Cybersecurity 101 – a resource developed by the Conference of State Bank Supervisors intended to be an easily-digestible, non-technical reference guide to help executives develop a comprehensive, responsive cybersecurity program in line with best practices
- Ransomware Self-Assessment Tool – a resource developed by the Conference of State Bank Supervisors in conjunction with the Bankers Electronic Crimes Taskforce and the United States Secret Service which contains important controls that all types of companies should use to assess their efforts to mitigate risks associated with ransomware and to identify opportunities for increasing security
- Credit Services Organization Registration Application – a set of cybersecurity resources developed in partnership with the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and the Department of Homeland Security